Graduate: $1314 (course) | $5256 (certificate)
Law enforcement is a challenging and ever-evolving profession that requires skilled leaders and trained professionals. Experienced police executives developed the UJ Accelerated Law Enforcement Leadership certificate program; experienced police executives are teaching the curriculum. We know first-hand how challenging it can be to juggle career and family, to work nights and rotating shifts, and to go to court. This course allows students to complete the certificate program and earn up to 12 college credits towards a degree – regardless of schedule.
Throughout the program, students will interact with veteran instructors and other criminal justice professionals like themselves – Deputy Chiefs, sergeants, professional staff, prosecutors, intelligence analysts, probation and parole officers, court administrators, and more.
Students will learn real-world, practical applications that they can implement immediately in their own careers, in their organizations, and in their communities. Courses cover the most critical issues in 21st century policing: community engagement strategies and tactics, law enforcement response to mental health and officer wellness, and crisis management leadership.
Start with a single course or complete the entire certificate to accelerate your professional skills and earn credit toward an college degree.
- Contemporary best practices that can be immediately implemented
- Up to 12 transferrable college credits from an accredited university
- Certificate in Law Enforcement Leadership
- Networking with leading law enforcement trainers and practitioners, and other criminal justice professionals
- The ability to complete coursework on your own schedule and meet your own individual goals — in a flexible, stimulating and challenging environment
- Mentorship and new connections with a cohort of skilled law enforcement professionals
Every law enforcement professional has the opportunity to be a leader. The complexities of 21st century policing require honed skills and well-trained minds. The Law Enforcement Leadership courses empower students to make the most of real-world experience, practical training and academic instruction – enabling them, their agencies, and their officers to better serve the community.
UJ Accelerated is the first and only criminal justice leadership program in the nation that creates a customized plan for each student – incorporating key elements of experience and ongoing training requirements – finally making earning a degree attainable:
- Credit for Prior Learning (CPL): earn college credit for work experience, exam scores, military service, workplace training and professional certification (allows students to earn a degree more quickly and less expensively)
- Consolidation of previous academic credits
- Tuition reimbursement eligibility
So, whether it’s always been a personal goal to get a degree, or you’re seeking a foundation to enter the profession, or you’re looking for career advancement or to earn more money for your family – we understand that you can’t learn everything behind closed doors of a police academy. Finally, there is a resource that can help you achieve your leadership aspirations.
The Law Enforcement Leadership certificate offers four courses on the top challenges facing law enforcement. Graduates will gain skills and strategies to immediately implement in their organizations and communities.
Next start: June 27th, 2022
Next start: August 22nd, 2022
Next start: June 27th, 2022
Next start: January 9th, 2023
Jamestown, ND 58405