Why Study Social Media Marketing?
Every company with an online presence needs a social media manager. It’s no longer a choice for businesses–it’s a default expectation from customers. Once you gain experience as a social media manager, these skills can take you anywhere – freelancing, to opening your agency, to moving across the world, to working from anywhere, for yourself or for your dream company.
What You’ll Learn
Every course is taught by industry experts who work in the industry.
Social Media Marketing
How the Course is Structured
Week 1: Intro to Social Media Strategy
An introduction to social media strategies: what they are, what they serve to achieve, and what they look like. You’ll learn:
- What a social media strategy looks like
- When you need a social media strategy
- How to build a good strategy using the 5W Framework
- How to identify good social strategies
Week 2: Using Your Strategy Toolkit
Overview of the toolkit you’ll use to build a social brand, including tactics and guidelines to guide the execution of your social strategy. Toolkit will include:
- Strengths & limitations of each platform
- How to choose a platform for your campaign
- Using decision criteria for future platforms
- Why you need guidelines for TOV, frequency, and engagement
- How to research and create social personas
- How to design content pillars
Week 3: Build a Social Brand
Overview of all of the key pieces of growing a brand on social media, including:
- Content calendars
- Community management
- The Power of UGC
- How to choose hashtags
- Growth marketing (SEO)
Week 4: Growing an Engaged Community
- community management
- growth loops
- content experimentation
Week 5: Becoming a Content Creator
The fundamentals of how to create content for social media, including:
- How to write concise + engaging copy
- Basics of graphic design
- Mobile photography tips
- Best design tools & resources (stock photos, Canva, InShot)
Week 6: Mastering Analytics and Reporting
How to set KPIs, create reports, and use social listening to measure performance and ROI on social media. You’ll learn:
- How to create monthly report templates
- How to set up social listening dashboards
- Best reporting & analytics tools (Sprout Social, Sprinklr, etc.)
Week 7: Leveraging Paid Social and Performance Marketing
- Choosing budgets and durations
- Setting up campaigns
- How to make organic and paid work well together
Week 8: Getting Hired for Social Media Roles
We’ll review the basics of good resumes and cover letters, and how they need to be tailored for social media job descriptions. You’ll get:
- Cover letter examples
- Dos & don’ts for resumes (based on feedback from hiring managers)
- LinkedIn & personal branding tips
- Tips on how to build a social media portfolio
What Makes the Social Media Marketing Course Special
This course is unique because it provides:
Courses include four elements:
Read, watch, and listen to the best information to build your foundational knowledge.
You will meet as a whole-group 2 times per week. Each 2-hour session will include examples and activities to apply your asynchronous learning, as well as office hours for asking questions and getting feedback from your instructor. Attend live (recommended) or watch the replay.
Apply your new skills to a real-world project. Learn by doing.
Students can choose to pay now with credit card or later via invoice. You can apply for Accelerated Scholarships or financial aid for certificate completion.
Click to view financial aid details.