Military Benefits

What are military service benefits?

Different forms of aid exist for individuals who have served or are currently serving in the military, as well for their family members. Below, we walk you through the process of discovering what type of aid may be available for you.


If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

VA Education Benefits

Currently Serving

If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.


If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.

Additionally, if you are the spouse or child of a service members, you may be eligible of transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to you.

We can help guide you.

Thank you for your service. We look forward to guiding you through the enrollment process at UJ Accelerated.

One of the best ways to learn about all the benefits exclusive to service members and their families is to attend a virtual Veteran Orientation session. We will also provide you with a student Veteran information packet with various resources.

If you have additional questions along the way, please connect with your student admissions team.

Veteran Resource Network

Many organizations support veterans and family members. The following is a list of organizations nationally and locally.

You can review your unofficial transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force / Air University here.

Joint Service Transcripts can be reviewed here.

It will be important that you provide the University of Jamestown team with your DD214 for evaluation.

Transfer Training and Credit for Prior Learning

Your service and previous military student experience may mean you already earned potential college credits. from previous college and university experiences you have. Your experience and education history may be worth up to sixty transfer credits. Our team can help you access those transcripts.

The UJ Accelerated team will request official transcripts. However, you may verify what courses you have taken by reviewing your unofficial transcripts. The evaluation of your military service transcripts will include a review of the following resources.

Air Force

You can review your unofficial transcripts from the Community College of the Air Force / Air University.

Army / Marines / Navy / Coast Guard

Review you Joint Service Transcripts.

DD214 Evaluation

Have your DD214 handy. It’s an important part of the evaluation process.

Jimmie Voices

“I knew it was very important to graduate with a college degree, not only for myself but also to set an example for my daughter. I always finished everything I started and this was one loose end. After some research and talking to many college reps, I determined UJ was the way to go.”
Mitch Cowell
ND Army National Guard